Are You Relationship Ready?
The answers to this quiz are delivered on a small pop up window after each question is answered. In order to see the answers, you will need to turn off your pop-up blocker.
So, you really want to meet that "special someone". A lot of your friends are either married or in committed relationships, you've dated around and feel it's time to move to the next level, you don't have much time to waste due to your age; and/or you feel incomplete, alone or just desirous of a mate. Whatever your motivation, you feel ready to meet your Mr/Ms Right. Take the following quiz and find out if you are really ready for this important step in your life. Answer the questions honestly and test your true ability (readiness) to be successful in a long-term, committed relationship.
1. You are a fairly content and complete person in your present single life.
2. You attract good friends and have a satisfying social life.
3. You pursue activities and interests because they are fun and enriching, not just because you may find dates there.
4. You know (have identified) the type of person you are attracted to.
5. You know the important qualities that you seek/desire in a mate.
6. You have a pretty good understanding of where/how your past relationships went wrong.
7. You don't have unresolved issues or feelings from past relationships that block your ability to be truly open to a new relationship.
8. You feel comfortable being who you truly are in a dating situation, and don't try to change yourself to please the other person.
9. You enjoy the process of dating and getting to know someone.
10. You know what you can't live without in a relationship.
11. You know what you can't tolerate in a relationship.
12. You don't expect your partner to be perfect or to meet all your needs.
13. You can accept potential partners for whom they are, and not try to make them who you want them to be.
14. You are attracted to people who are good for you and bring out the best in you.
15. You know what you want your future life to be like.
16. You trust that your life will work out for you if you are living it well.
17. You take care of yourself, and don't want a relationship only for the purpose it can serve in providing for your needs, including security.
18. You know your limits and are comfortable enforcing them with others.